Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Who needs to read the law to clearly understand that it is unconstitutional, not me of course, as I just take my lead from NBC, CBS or ABC?

When our Commander in Chief. President Obama, states that the citizens of Arizona have enacted “misguided legislation”, do you get the feeling that we may be wrong? And when the US Attorney General, Eric Holder; the primary individual responsible for advising the President on legal matters, is heard answering Congressman Ted Poe’s (R-TX) question on whether or not he had read the new law by saying that “he had glanced at it”; do you get the feeling that something might be amiss here? In fact AG Holder stated that, “I've only made -- made the comments that I've made on the basis of things that I've been able to glean by reading newspaper accounts, obviously, television, talking to people who are on the review panel, on the review team looking at the law”.

Arizona’s population is comprised of approximately 500,000 illegal immigrants, or about 10%. It appears that approximately 70% of the “legal” American citizens are in support of Arizona’s new law, yet all we hear about is the negative side of the shouting minority. Do you ever get the feeling that public television has a tendency to lead us down the primrose path? The long and short of it is that the “law is the law” and it should be respected by all.

For my final 2¢ worth let me just say; wouldn’t it be nice if we heard our President say something like, “Arizona is the hotbed for illegal immigration, drug importation and people smuggling and as your President I am going to do everything within my power to assist them in solving their problem, because their problem is our problem. And, that includes directing the US Attorney General to read through their new law and quit taking pot shots at it as that is what I am going to do. We need to become part of the solution as opposed to part of the problem.”

1 comment:

BAC219 said...

Couldn't agree more. Excellent observation.