Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Deserving tribute to our military guys and gals.

The Star carries a front page article today entitled “Out of the blue” that I encourage all of you to read. If you are not a subscriber you can read it on line by clicking here. It is a gentle reminder of the everyday perils that our military men and women are faced with as they continually are placed in harms way on our behalf. It is not my intent here to argue for or against our current engagements, but rather to have each and everyone one of us pause for moment and consider their roles in our everyday life. I believe that the last paragraph sums it up: Among Leefdaal residents, especially the elderly, "appreciation for the sacrifice made by the Americans and the British is still evident today," he said. "It is thanks to the sacrifice of Allied soldiers that we are able to live and enjoy a free and luxurious life."

2 comments:

SLT said...

Out of Blue features the father of a good friend of mine...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for calling this out to everyone's attention. This story is about my father and I couldn't more proud than I feel right now.