Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Democrat candidates for Arizona’s AG won’t defend SB1070 if elected.

Well shut my mouth. I see in the Saturday Star that all three of the Democratic candidates for the Arizona Attorney General office are of the opinion that our new SB1070, is unconstitutional. I am wondering if they came to that conclusion in the same way that the US Attorney General , Eric Holder, did; by what he heard on TV or read in the newspaper? In researching for candidates running for the AG office I went to Ballot Pedia which list 6 candidates, 3 Democrats and 3 Republicans. I note that two of the three Republican candidates state that they would defend the new law, actually one says that he would “vigorously” defend the new law. I was unable to find a website for the third candidate.

Do you reckon that fear of reprisal from the Hispanic voter has anything to do with their decision? Wouldn’t you think that it would be better to appeal to the silent majority who are in favor of the bill?

No comments: