Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gabrielle losing the battle of the budgets to Texas

We appear to be losing more than the 1,200 or so jobs to Texas Congressional District 16, home to Ft. Bliss. While researching the internet I reviewed the website for Congressman Silvestre Reyes, D-TX. and found that he has submitted bills on behalf of his constituents amounting to approximately $167 million dollars. The Congressman's site is detailed and lays out every request he has submitted.

http://reyes.house.gov/Issues/Issue/?IssueID=4814

In contrast I have reviewed Gabrielle Giffords website on Appropriations and she states: "As a fiscally-conservative Member of the Blue Dog coalition and a former business owner, I believe Congress must spend with the utmost care. I am dedicated to a transparent earmark process; therefore, all appropriations requests that I submit to the Appropriations Committee for funding will be made public and posted on my website." However, I am unable to find a listing of the requests. You can see for yourself at:

http://giffords.house.gov/legis/appropriations.shtml

Make of it what you want, but losing 1,200 jobs is not anything to sneeze at.

No comments: